Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Makeovers

What a wonderful day.  My daughter gave me a makeover!  She has never given me a makeover before.  Today, she was in her zone and we experimented with the new makeup that I got in the mail today.  Oh my gosh, she has no idea what that makeover meant to me.  To top it off, she fixed my hair.  She has never done that either.

As she was applying my makeup, it brought back so many memories of me giving my mom facials, too.  I probably gave mom a makeover at least once a week.  I would put this little headband on her head to keep makeup off that permed hair.  Then I would use tons of Pond's cold cream to remove her makeup from the softest skin I have ever felt or will ever feel again.  She would allow me to try all kinds makeup on her even when I had no idea about what to use.  She always thought I was doing this to make her look better, but I was really just in love with makeup even back then.  I was all girl, even back then!  Mom never wore a lot of makeup, but she sure loved it when I would use all kinds of eye shadows and mascara on her at home.  She looked beautiful to me and she always was.

Another little mom and me time was giving her pedicures.  We had this little white enameled basin with red trim.  I'd fill that thing with water and slop it all the way from the sink to the living room.  I'd soak and wash her feet, paint her toes, and rub lotion on her legs.  Oh my how she enjoyed this.  I did, too.  I love giving pedicures even today.  I guess we aren't much different as adults than we were as kids.    

Thanks my sweet little girl.  You will always be my little girl and my baby.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive