Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Little Story

There is a special someone whose birthday is tomorrow, the 6th.  He is special for many reasons and one of them is because he reads my blog and never fails to tell me.  I like that.  I like him.  He is a special young man, but I won't embarrass him any further.  But I will tell him a little story I heard from Aunt Geneva tonight.  She told me many little stories and I hope I can remember them for later posts. 

The first year or so that Aunt Geneva and Uncle Virgil were married, they took mom and Aunt Azelee to Colorado....nothing new in that.  They all rode in a pickup, all four of them.  No seat belts and I imagine they were all a lot smaller so they could all squeeze in.  Aunt Geneva said none of them had any money for a hotel so they asked if they could spend the night on the property of a gas station.  They had a tarp for the back of the pickup, however, the tarp only covered a small portion.  All four of them bedded down in the bed of the truck under the tarp.  She said mom swore that there was a man that was peeking at them during the night, but Aunt Geneva said there was nobody.  She said they laughed about that trip for years and mom's imaginary nighttime peeper.  She went on to say that there were other nights in the back of the pickup on that trip. 

Can you imagine striking out for Colorado with no money?  OK, it was a different time, but please don't go to Colorado in a pickup without seat belts.  Don't go without any money.  Don't even go without a cell phone.  Don't spend the night in the back end of a truck in the middle of nowhere.

This is just a little humorous story that Aunt Geneva loved telling; laughing the whole story.  No, we would not make a trip like that these days, but don't you kinda wish that you had been on that trip, too?  Young, impetuous.  Life was ahead of them with nothing but the limit of their dreams to hold them back.  

Happy Birthday!    

1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive