Sunday, October 14, 2012

1990 Anyone?

Who wants to go with me right back to 1990?  You remember the time.  The time when computers were just written about in science magazines, rumored about at the office, and the declaration at every social gathering was ''Oh, we will never have a computer in our home.  We absolutely have no use for a computer."

Let me tell you right now that I HATE COMPUTERS!  I could really rant here, but.........  Oh go ahead Regina.  Thank you, I will.  I HATE COMPUTERS.  They are a menace to society.  OK, I need to calm down.  I think maybe computers have done more to raise my blood pressure than any other thing I have encountered in life. 

These machines have conned us into believing that we can't live without them.  We rely on them for our social life, our financial budget consultant, and our entertainment among other things.  And then just when they have us wrapped their little motherboards, they break, freeze up, stop downloading, and run so slow that you have time to change the baby's diaper, put a load of laundry in the washer, take the dog for a walk, and thaw a four pound roast. 

They have us!  We are in their hands and we HAVE TO HAVE them.  We need them, we cannot lie without them.  Then the time comes for a new computer.  Laptop is the best option for me so off we go to the nearest "Geek Store" hoping that one of those tattooed youngsters will have the patience to deal with a clueless 60-something.  When one of these youngsters can't avoid meeting my eye, he saunters over, and I can almost read his mind ''OH great, I am the one that is going to have to deal with this senile old woman.  Why does she need a computer anyway?" But he puts on a smile, or is it a smirk, and answer my inept computer questions.  It is then that I realize I don't know enough geek talk these days to ask intelligent questions. 

So here I set typing on this laptop that I call a MONSTER!  I ask you why did all those geeks think Windows needed to be changed/upgraded.  The 2006 Windows XP was all I needed.  Now my brain is going to have to engage, and folks it hasn't engaged since December 31, 2008.  

So even though I told you yesterday that I had mastered this thing, I have not.  Somehow a miracle occurred and I was able to upload one photograph, the one that you happened to see in the previous post.  I have no idea how that happened.  I have searched and investigated for the last three days and still I am clueless.  One lousy picture of myself uploaded and that was only a fluke or as I like to say, a miracle! 

So until I get this thing figured out, I will bore you only with my words, not pictures.  Who wants to go with me right back to 1990?  Back when we were wireless-less!  Back when we could only snoop into people's lives by peeping in their windows (house windows). 

1990 anyone?

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive