Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ramblings Tonight

Ramblings tonight:

Rambling 1. Hello everybody.  Here I am again.  I can't seem to stay home long enough to actually blog, but am here tonight.  I am typing from a brand new computer and it is really a challenge so my post may be brief.  In fact I was deep into this post when I hit the X and the whole thing went away.  (OK, I knew better).  Who knew that in just a short, what?  7 years? that computers would change this much, and I am not talking about going from a PC to an Apple.  Nope this is a PC, too. 

Rambling 2.  We have been on vacation to my favorite place (other than Sam's Club), Red River, but this year which happens to also be our 40th anniversary year (and the hubby wants to know just how long I plan on making this 40th year last), we drove on up to Colorado.  I will have a blog soon about that trip.

Rambling 3.  This afternoon we went to the grocery store.  As the bagger loaded our groceries in the cart, she played me a compliment and told me how pretty my wedding ring was and she wanted to know how many carats it is.  I was taken aback and asked if she would repeat that question for I was sure she wanted to know something about carrots.  After her clarification, I knew she actually wanted to know the carats of my ring.  I told her less than a carat, around .92.  It was then her turn to be taken aback.  She told me she had never heard of that....how could it be less than one carat.  No diamond is less than one carat.  It definitely had to be more than that.  Then she held out her hand and declared hers was 10 carats.  Well.......what was I to say to that?  Sometimes one just has to hold ones tongue.  What good was it going to do for me to point our her ring was probably around .10 carat?  I guess her boyfriend really pulled one over on this young lady. 

Rambling 3.  A week ago I was having one of those moments..........ladies you know what I am talking about.  Nothing, nothing looks good.  Turning around from the dressing table I cupped my hands around my face from my eyes to my chin, and cried to my hubby.  "Look at this.  What is this?  I never used to have this.  I don't remember this being so long."  "Honey," he says, "that is a face."  Then he laughed, then I laughed.  All was well..................

Rambling 4.  All was well.............until I saw those vacation pictures.  All the pictures I took were great, but that hubby of mine was taking pictures of me taking pictures..........pics of my back side.  Whew.............now that brings up a whole new......."one of those moments".  When did that happen?  Just how much spinach artichoke dip, vinegar chips, chocolate dip cones, caramel apples, and pasta did I eat?!?  I guess I have been kidding myself for the last couple of years, telling myself I deserve that chip and dip.  Now is the time of reckoning.  

Rambling 5.  This Vice-Presidental debate.............nuf said.

Memory:  My brother told me once that my neck was as long as Mrs. Sutterfield, my grade school teacher.  I never forgot that......but I find it a charming memory.  I do have a long neck, but I prefer to describe it as stately.

Another memory:  I remember once I told my daddy that he looked like Judy the Elephant (at the Zoo), swaying from side the side, when he was leading singing at church.  I hurt my daddy's feelings.  I am so sorry about that.

I love you guys and I am glad to be home from a great, safe trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive