Saturday, October 13, 2012

Just Rambling Again Today

Today is one of those beautiful days.....one which is almost indescribable, but let me attempt to tell you what I feel.  Wish I were Zane Grey at this moment.... full of great adjectives.  I feel cozy all deep inside; like all is right with the world.  This morning's rumbling thunder is like music to my senses; a gentle rolling kind, not the scary, fearful kind.  I wanted to curl up in a blanket on the porch swing and wait for those drops of precious water the earth so desperately.  Then drop by drop it fell, until now when we have this gentle all day rain.  Oh, I hope it does just that! 

My house will soon fill with the aroma of a pot of Great Northern Beans cooking.  My Grandma Dawkins (I talk about her a lot, don't I.  She was the epitome of everything a grandmother should be.  She was love.) always had a pot of Northern Beans or Navy Beans simmering on the stove.  It has been a decade or more since I bought dried Northern Beans so I am going to give them a try again.  Even if we do not like them, I have only lost a few cents, but I have managed to create a delicious  smelling aroma.  Rain, OU/Texas game, simmering pot of beans, cornbread............ummmmmmm. 

Oh woe is me............the struggles of one inept woman learning the ins and outs of a new computer.  Kids, this thing jumps around and does all sorts of things of which I have no control.  In order for me not to be proven an idiot, I must master this thing........besides I have been griping for the last three years about the old one.  I CANNOT say scream "I want my old computer back!"  PRIDE!!!  (Did you know that computers do not come with manuals?  Do they not realize that everyone buying a computer is a 27 year old GEEK who nursed at the computer keyboard?  Even the 35-light string I bought yesterday came with an 8 page instruction guide, 8 pages I tell you, and I am not counting the pages in Spanish.)  Eventually...........  But boy, do I need my own personal geek squad.  Gone are the days when I could rely on my buddy Van to come to my rescue.  One of these days I need to blog about my friends from work.  I think now that I have been retired for 4 years and they don't read my blog anyway, I can get away with some zingers and laughs. 

The hubby and I have been talking about rain lately and we think it rained more when we were children.  Perhaps that memory is just a childhood memory, looking back so to speak, because I also remember how desperately we needed rain for the peanuts and rejoicing when it finally came.  Perhaps as children, we took things for granted.  Perhaps we didn't realize the impact of rain to the earth, to the crops, to our psychological well-being.  Well, now that we are grown up.........well, we are grown up........... 

I am going to try one more time to upload a picture or two, then I am giving up on the computer for the day.  So if you see a picture, you know I mastered one thing today.  If not..........well...........

I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive