Sunday, October 14, 2012

Route 66 Motel


If you read The Pioneer Woman's blog,
then you are familiar with her photographs
of the hotels she has frequented throughout
her many trips for book signings and TV appearances.
By the way, I just love that because
she is just an Oklahoma girl at heart and
things like nice hotel rooms tug at our hearts.
I thought it would be nice to show you
one of the hotels we stayed in on this last trip
This was in Tucumcari, NM.
You will notice the hubby's love for me had
no bounds when he sprang for this hotel.
He went all out on this one!
You will also notice we were able to park our plane
right at the gateway to paradise.


As you can see, our rental car was also able to park
within steps of the front door.

Here I am in some odd posture pose
ready to open the door to the
1970s unknown.
I still look happy.
Well, roll back the clock!  1970 for sure!
Despite my teasing about the room,
we actually got this room for $38 plus tax
and it was extremely clean.
This is exactly what the nicer hotels looked
like in 1972. 
We LOVED it!
We will hunt it up again if we are ever in the area again.
And the price wasn't a bad deal either.



Took the key back and now we
are ready to see the lights of
Oklahoma City -
looking mighty pretty.
Let's get going......

I think I have finally found a fix for my photo upload problem, but
it took some maneuvering.  We shall see if the photos look sharp when published.
Right now they don't look so hot.  If not, we will work on that another day.
I can't even remember how many posts I have posted today.
Please forgive me!
Good night all.

I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive