Monday, October 14, 2013

Cabinet Cleaning

Hello everybody.  Welcome to this rainy Monday morning.  I know most of my federal government employee friends are sleeping in this morning 'cause it is Columbus Day and cause it is raining.  Yea!!  By the way, does anybody really know when Columbus Day is anymore?  Does anybody know why we celebrate it?  Oh, gee, I sure hope so! 

It's my day..............the day I clean my kitchen cabinets..............one of my favorite cleaning projects especially if it is raining.  It is the time of the year I clean out my cabinets, sort through my spices, canned goods, etc., to see what is needed for the upcoming holidays.  I love that.  I like to see how I stand on pumpkin pie spice, cloves, cinnamon, chili powder, onion salt, cumin.............do I see chili in my future?

Last week we drove over to the Fayetteville/Eureka Springs area, stopping to have lunch at War Eagle Mill.  I couldn't resist plain ole brown beans..........the meal of my penniless days, my go to Thursday night before pay day meals.  You'd be surprised what meals you come up with when you have two kids to feed and you are waiting for that next check before heading to the grocery store.  Sausage gravy, anyone?????

The leaves haven't turned in Arkansas yet, but should be ready in early November when we plan to take another trip that way.  Still, the trip invigorated me.  Everybody knows this time of the year is my favorite time and now I am ready...........or getting ready...............just as soon as I get those cabinets cleaned.

Off to clean some cabinets.  Anybody want to come help?  I can provide you with potato soup for lunch and lots of old spices...............  I know you want to............  I'll even open up the sunroom doors so you can hear the pitter-pat of the gentle rain.  What can be more enticing?

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive