Thursday, October 31, 2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Happy Halloween.  We are preparing for the onslaught of hundreds of ghosts and goblins tonight..............NOT.  We haven't had any Trick or Treaters for years and years.  It seems all the little goblins around our neighborhood have grown up and moved away to have little goblins of their own. 

Just a few miles away my favorite little goblins are in school, but I bet they are watching the clock.  My six-year old is about as excited as he can be; can't wait to be a Ninja.  His older brother, however, is a little more laid back this year opting for a Lionel Mezzi costume.  Saturday morning the boys were here spending the night.  L. asked me how many days it was before Halloween.  "Five", I replied.  B says, "There are 365 days left before the next time it is five days before Halloween."  L hesitates and then asks, "Are you just guessing or do you really know that?"  I can see the younger one beginning to question his brother's wisdom.

I hope you get to see your grandkids today.  If so, listen to their conversations.  They're hilarious.  I wish I had paid more attention to my own children's years ago.  There is no telling what the day will bring for us, but more assuredly it will not be Trick or Treaters.  Enjoy your day, Trick or Treaters or not.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN - Think I'll have a Snicker's bar that we got for our pretend Trick or Treaters.

I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive