Friday, October 25, 2013

Apple Cider Caramel Sauce

Good morning everybody.  How's life treating you?  Mine has been pretty good, but extremely hectic lately.  Tonight my boys are coming to spend the night so Nana will be preparing plenty of activities and crafts to keep them busy on this cold, almost wintry day.  Burr--as Mrs. Tucker would always say......the other Mrs. Tucker. 

Last week I made something out of this world delicious.  I just love caramel as you probably guessed by all the post about my caramel this or that coffee.  Clarification:  these coffees are just ground coffee with a flavoring of caramel..........no sugar..........no fat.  In fact, no coffee should ever have cream or sugar.........my opinion only!

Anyway, I digress........back to caramel.  There is a recipe in September 2013 Southern Living, page 98, which will rock your world, the Apple Cider Caramel Sauce recipe.  I didn't have any apple cider like the recipe uses, but I had apple juice.  I don't know how much more delicious this could have been using cider, but my version was delicious.

Here's my own Apple Caramel Sauce recipe.  Try it before Halloween and you will be making it again for Thanksgiving.

Reduce one cup of apple juice to just less than 1/4 cup by boiling, stirring occasionally.  Add 1 cup golden brown sugar, packed, and 1/2 cup butter.  Bring to a boil and boil constantly for 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream.  Let cool and serve over just about anything your imagination can come up with.  Ended a sentence with a proposition...don't tell Mrs. Sutterfield.  I am going to try this as a change to my tried and true Caramel Popcorn recipe.  We shall see how it turns out.  I can also see this over any quick bread, muffins, or apple pies.  Delicious over ice cream as long as it is not overcooked to the point of setting up like glue......that might pull your teeth out.

Well that's about it this morning.  Boys will be here soon.  They get to choose the restaurant tonight so you may see us at Long John Silvers, Mazzio's, McDonald's, or even Sam's Club......fine dining at its finest.  Or maybe  they will want to have a weenie roast in the fireplace (fingers crossed).

I love you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive