Monday, October 21, 2013

I am Still That Little Girl

When you reach a certain age, nobody questions when you start to tearing up - like when I look at Christmas cards.  Long time ago I used to tear up during "Father Knows Best", now it is more likely the Folgers, Kraft, and the Hallmark card commercials.  How can you not cry when you see a young soldier coming home for the holidays being greeted by his little sister?  Hubby just looks over and shakes his head a tiny bit; he's gotten used to it over the years.  I guess I have always had my emotions right up front where the water works could flow at a moments notice--crying for the silly things.

Now I see how quickly the years are flying and certain stages of my life are behind me which makes me want to search for those sweet memories more and more.  Looking back brings a certain amount of calmness to my often times chaotic world and it sends me back to a time when I wasn't the oldest female in the family.  You see, some time along the last um-teen years I became the go-to person in my family.  I could no longer rely on mom's wisdom.  I don't have any answers to any of the questions.  I am the mom, but in reality I am still that little girl who is crying over "Father Knows Best".

B, you come by it naturally.  You are very much like me and my Grandpa Thompson.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive