Friday, October 18, 2013

It's a Beautiful Day

Good Morning.  I am having my Caramel Apple coffee, eating my Sam's Club Godshall's turkey bacon, and trying to down my instant peach oatmeal.  Just can't get that last bite down and if you've ever had lukewarm oatmeal you know what I mean.

Yesterday, I got an interesting phone call from my uncle, my dad's brother.  He called to ask how to print off my blog post and to complement me on my writing.  I was completely surprised, even shocked, that he and my aunt 1) knew about my blog, 2) that they read it, 3) they enjoy it, and 4) would like to have a printed copy of some of the posts.  That really inspired me so when I got home from the mall (yes, Uncle, I was at the mall which is where I was the last time you called me) I tried to come up with something to write about.  I started writing, but after the long first paragraph, I deleted it.  There was just no inspiration for me so I put it away until this morning.  I don't know about you, but I am always in a better mood in the morning...I guess you might say I am a morning person...........after 8:00 a.m., that is.

So here I set in the comfy chairs near the front windows, a little gloomy, with nothing to write about.  Then it hits me.  It is a beautiful day.  Right now, it is very cloudy, even rainy looking, but the air is still, the tulip poplar leaves in my yard are beginning to turn yellow, the squirrels are chasing one another.........just a beautiful day in the neighborhood as Mister Rodgers would say.  Time for me to get up and turn this gloomy feeling around and make the day wonderful.  So I am going to jump up, turn the lamps on low, light a good smelling candle, and put a smile on my face...........make a memory for myself.  Maybe I will make an apple pie..........maybe I will even take it to someone to make their day a little brighter.  Goodness knows, we could use a little more brightness around here.

That's all I have for today, maybe tomorrow I will have a sweet memory or two to share, something that will make you smile.  Thanks Uncle for making my day yesterday.  Thanks for the sweet call.  Thanks for reminding me of daddy. 

It's a beautiful day. 

I love you.

I reread some of my old posts last night wondering which of these my aunt and uncle were reading and which of them they wanted to print.  What I noticed was how many errors I had made, both grammatically and spelling.  They are both former teachers so I am sure those mistakes were glaring to them as they were me.  Have you noticed how much more relaxed grammar has become in our society in general?  If people can't even dress up for a wedding or a funeral, then surely we can't expect them to use proper English and punctuate properly, she says as she blogs using dot, dot, dot........................  Keep smiling.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive