Friday, November 25, 2011

Day After Thanksgiving

Just another memory:

Back when my oldest niece was in high school or there abouts, must have been in the early '90s, she and, I think, my sister-in-law came to Thanksgiving dinner wearing these really cute Christmas sweatshirts.  They had taken puff paint and drawn the cutest Christmas trees.  Dots of different colored puffed paints were used for the decorations on the tree, along with scattered rhinestones, tiny, tiny ribbon bows, and a huge rhinestone for the star on top.  Under the tree, there were three little mirrors, each decorated to look like presents.  I cannot describe how really pretty these shirts were.

That year my youngest sister was home for the holiday so the day after Thanksgiving we sisters went to Hobby Lobby to get the stuff for the sweatshirts.  We came back to my house and had one of the best times ever, each making one of these shirts.  I still have mine, but don't wear it.  It is just too delicate and such a chore to wash.  I just can't get rid of it as it holds too many memories.  Love to all!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive