Friday, November 18, 2011

Lamb Shanks

Biggest disappointment of my life, probably not my life, but definitely of the day.  Yes, it was the lamb shanks that made me want to gag.  I had seen these lamb shanks at Sam's Club yesterday and wanted to buy them, but since I had never had lamb I really waited to sample them so I walked on.  You doubted that I went to Sam's at least four times a week, didn't you?  Now you know the truth; I do!  When I went for my yearly review of Sam's sampler day today, I was so excited that the first thing I saw was the lamb shanks, and we got the last two.  Just in time.  Oh, yum.  They did look good.  Lamb to mouth, took a big bite.  Oh my gosh~!  Chew, Regina, it is going to get better.  More chewing....Oh my gosh, gag me with a spoon, I have to get this out of my mouth.  Despite my blog a couple weeks ago about needing a fork to spit back the food, when you think you are going to gag, you have to get it out of your mouth the quickest way possible.  Thank goodness I had that napkin.  No, I didn't make a big deal out of this and nobody saw me and I saved my comments about the grossness of lamb until we were out of ear shot.  Well, that was a shock.  How could anything look that good and be so horrible.  And this.....this is considered a gourmet meal in some cultures.  Our British guest a couple of years back could talk of nothing better than lamb and even send me his recipe when he got back to England.  I am so sorry, Danny, I cannot go lamb.

I love my Sam's and sampling their foods, but this year the food samples weren't that good.  Either that or the lamb put me off food.  I think it might be the latter.  Had a bite of steak and goodness if it didn't taste like that lamb, too.  However, having the iron stomach I have, I persevered and continued to sample, trying to get that taste out of my mouth.  I can write home to tell you that nothing they had was worth standing in line or even tasting except maybe the cheesecake.  Now that was really good and I may be buying that for Christmas.

Review of Sam's samples -- Bottom line is that the samples aren't worth sampling especially if you have to wait in line.  Go sample them anyway.  You will be full when you do and no need for lunch.  Gotta think that 30% of Tinker workers use those samples for lunch each Friday.  We are (were) a thrifty lot.  I have learned a new diet trick, though.  Just take a bite of lamb and it will put you off food for an entire day.  

Sam's could care less about whether I like lamb or not.  They know their customers and I am sure they have plenty of customers buying lamb or they wouldn't have it available.  Despite the misadventure I had with the lamb today, I will be back to Sam's again next week for my fix.  

I love you guys and Sam's and I am sure glad I didn't buy those lamb shanks yesterday.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive