Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Happy Place

It has been a pretty good day.  I fixed an easy slow cooker roast beef for French dip sandwiches.  A great friend sent me to http://www.allrecipes.com/ for this wonderful easy recipe, only roast beef, a can of beef broth, and a can of beer.  I use two cans of beef broth instead of beer though.  Good stuff.  Use the Ciabatta rolls from Sam's Club and your family will treat you like a queen for the night. 

So off to Sam's we went for the rolls.  Walking to the front door, hubby says he thinks my happy place is Sam's Club and he may be right.  It calls my name at least 4 times a week and I run right over.  The greeters now know us by name and we are waved on in without so much as a second glance.  (I guess most people are waved on through without a second glance, huh?  Maybe we aren't as special as we think.)  When I walk in, my mood immediately gets lighter so when I am already in a great mood, I just want to break out in a song and dance number.  So much fun!  I have to check almost every aisle every time we go especially at this time of the year when they have all these Christmas present ideas. 

Want a 19 inch TV?  They got 'em.  Want a 70 inch TV?  They got 'em.  Need a king size Serta plush mattress?  They got em.  But I might be a little leery of buying a mattress cause you can't try it out.  Oh wait, I have!  Yep, they pulled that plastic covered mattress out for me.  Got a lot of nerve when you can plop your bod right down on a mattress on the floor at Sam's.  No, we didn't buy it, but still thinking..........the thing is you can purchase it and try it out for 90 days and if you aren't satisfied, you can bring it back for a full refund with no questions asked.  With other stores charging 3 times the price, it is something to think about.

Where else can you find pencils by the gross, rice in hundred pound bags, half dozen reading glasses in one package, and cupcakes by the dozens.  And don't even get me started on the food samples.  Go sometime around noon on a Saturday.  You will not need lunch, but if you do, check out the food court.  OK, maybe it isn't the gourmet food at the mall food court, but you can get a hot dog (Nathan's wiener) and drink for $1.70.  That sounds like I might be just a little cheap, but if you are only getting lunch to satisfy your hunger and do not care about ambiance, then this is the place for you.

Have I mentioned their clothes?  Now that my social destinations  revolve around trips to Sam's and Lowe's, my other happy place, I am quite comfortable wearing a top from Sam's.  I don't like every top they have, but with careful selection I come away with something cute.  No problem with exchanging since we really do go there 4 times a week.

Do you have a place where you just feel good when you walk in?  Target maybe?  Grocery store?  Sephora?  Best Buy?  Hey, I will even share my Sam's Club with you.  I'll show you the ropes.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive