Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Whole Foods - A Gourmand's Delight

We finally got a Whole Foods in Oklahoma City.......finally....early this fall! S and I drove through their parking lot on a Saturday back in October. Literally, we just drove through. There was NOT a parking space to be had, not even in the very back of their lot. Starting to get the picture, we just drove right on out of the lot (when we could move) and over to Sonic to get our Happy Hour limeade, whew........

Today we tried again and viola! We were there at 10:30 and had our choice of the premium parking places. You know, the ones where at least 50 percent of your car will not have a chance of being dinged by another car.  I am an expert at finding the best space in the lot.  By the way, during the holiday season, just head to the back of the lot and PARK!  You will save yourself a lot of stress.

Once inside, oh my.......... Can you say beautiful? Beautiful produce. Beautiful seafood and fish. Beautiful meats and cheeses. Beautiful deli. Beautiful prices! Beautiful prices? Beautiful prices! But oh what fun, it was to browse, in a one store's gourmet display! Just had to sing that.

We came back with more things than we needed, several cheeses, pate, beautiful olives, remoulade, lemon dill tartar sauce, Chilean sea bass, lump crab cakes, and Maryland crab cakes. Yummmmm

Last year while in Virginia, our friends took us to Bonefish and a couple of weeks ago while in Arkansas different friends took us to the same restaurant. I don't know why OKC can't get everything the rest of the country gets. If you like seafood and fish, you need to go there immediately! Delicious and has become one of my favs.

Well tonight, we almost had our own Bonefish right here in my kitchen. I fixed the Chilean sea bass, both crab cakes, honeyed fried apples, couscous, and remoulade, and the lemon tartar sauce. Delicious. Not sure, it might have been as good as Bonefish.

Memory: All this fish talk reminds me about the year we were first married. We had mom and dad over for dinner (supper). We went all out with steak and lobster. Oh my gosh, what a disaster! Lobster and my dad do not mix! I have to give him credit (and mom, too), they tried it.

R, remember the time we took you to the Captain's Table and bought you lobster. We were on the sixth floor and when we asked you if you liked it you said, "It's OK, but I'd rather be having a hamburger at that McDonald's down there." I might add that you are only alive because the windows didn't open.  Oh my, how your tastes have changed.

I love you!  By the way, I won't be doing my monthly shopping at Whole Foods, but it will be a fun place to hang out now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive