Wednesday, November 23, 2011

One More Day and

it becomes almost legal to kill someone in the pursuit of a bargain, so says the hubby.  He said this as we were leaving my happy place and dodging more than one automobile jockeying for a parking space.  The games have already begun.  I can only imagine what it is going to be like the day after Thanksgiving.  And I have word on good authority that some stores in Penn Sq Mall will be open at midnight:01 Friday.  That means that some poor worker is going to have to stay up all night in order to meet the greedy public.  Or is that the retailer's demand?  All for the mighty dollar. 

Don't misunderstand me.  I love getting a bargain as much as the next gal, but what happened to a normal 6:00 a.m. Friday opening?  At least the retail workers could get a couple hours of sleep before facing the onslaught of coffee deprived zombies stampeding over each other for the coveted 80 inch TV for $600 of which there was only one.  Oh, I have been there (ONCE) never to be repeated again.  Standing outside in the Oklahoma brisk wind at 5:30 in the morning the day after Thanksgiving is NOT my idea of fun, I don't care how much free breakfast is waiting.

But wait, I speak too soon.  New scenario.  My Mississippi sister and my Coweta sister-in-law are here and my other two sisters are off for the day.  Then, and only then, would I be willing to explore OKC at 4:00 a.m. in pursuit of the bargain.  Let the giggling begin!  OK, that was only a day dream.  They aren't here so that isn't going to happen......awww, guess I will just have to go back to sleep.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Enjoy your day and I hope you are not one of the ones having to go to work on Thanksgiving.  I find it such a shame that any stores, other than maybe gas stations along the interstate are open.  Bring Thanksgiving respect back!!!        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive