Saturday, March 12, 2016

Donuts

Good morning everybody.  Donuts, anyone?  I want a donut.  I've already had my coffee so a donut, if I had one, wouldn't be the same without my coffee.  Don't they just go hand in hand; donuts and coffee?  I have had my small handful of blueberries and three strawberries, but I am here to tell you, THEY ARE NOT DONUTS NOR CAN THEY REPLACE DONUTS when one wants DONUTS.


Isn't it odd the strange urges one gets for certain foods.  Last evening my hubby was craving fried chicken.  Now the man couldn't stand chicken when we first married........"too much chicken in Arkansas", he told me.  But last night, his craving sent us straight for a fried chicken place...and not a national chain.  Actually, he had been talking about mashed potatoes and gravy all day so I think his need for chicken was actually a need for gravy............so..................he got two orders of mashed potatoes and gravy as his two sides. 


His little (said in gest) wife sat opposite him eating her grilled chicken salad becoming more and more envious as he tore into his chicken dinner.  So I did what any good wife would do and grabbed the other piece of chicken right off his plate..........albeit a wing.........and devoured it without even a thought as to the fat in that chicken wing skin.  I must tell you, it was just about the best thing I have eaten in a year.  And the potatoes and gravy..............gravy was almost as good as I make at home and I admit I make a delicious gravy.  It was so good, I abandoned my salad.


Yes, a beautiful drizzly Saturday morning but donuts are what I crave.  Not a piece of reduced calorie bread, not blueberries, not strawberries, not even another bite of hot chicken and gravy........DONUTS.  (I used to work with a girl who ordered donuts for her breakfast at the Tinker cafeteria and had gravy put over them.  I kid you not!)


I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive