Sunday, March 13, 2016

He Just Makes Me Laugh

He just makes me laugh.  My husband and I talk a lot and our conversational topics are diverse and can range from toenails to atomic bombs, but our car conversations in the car are the best and the funniest.  Today as we were driving these are some of the words that came about. 


(Husband stops car right in the middle of our street.)  Hubby says, "Yes, that is horse poop!  Very distinguishable."  I say, "See I told you so.  We should have stopped last night to see."  Dead-panned, he says, "Well, I never lost one minute of sleep wondering."  I laughed until I coughed.


Driving on the conversation turned to water, specifically water in glasses, specifically water in glasses at Cattlemen's.  Last evening we went to dinner with friends and since I have been a little under the weather my mouth has been extremely dry.  Today, I happened to mention that the water glasses at Cattlemen's were very small.  His response, "Well, they don't expect you to drink like a horse at a trough."  Again, I laughed until I coughed.


His quick, dry-witted, one-liners are what endeared me to him when we were dating and he's still got 'em.  See why we talk a lot?  I like for him to make me laugh.  He just makes me laugh.  And secretly, I think it makes him laugh that I laugh.


I love you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive