Friday, March 25, 2016

Layered Iceburg Lettuce Salad

Good evening everyone and I hope you have had a nice Good Friday. 


Well...........I am through with the Senior Trip memories.  My hubby is as sentimental as I am and thought it was really neat that I found my old story.  He thought I ought to share with all you since this is the 50th anniversary of my high school graduation.  I am not so sure, even after posting it, that it was a good idea.......nonetheless, it is out there!  So.........let's get on with life.  Easter is coming............and coming in rather chilly this year, rain and high of 56 degrees!!!  Where are the little dusters mom made us all those years ago?


I have been searching websites and particularly Pinterest looking for some special recipes for my Easter dinner with my family, my sisters and their families.  I just couldn't find anything that rocked my boat.  Then I saw it.................my old green recipe file box................the tried and true or in some cases, the recipes from 1975 that I had cut out to make some day............sort of like my Pinterest pins of 2016.  You know, the ones that I know some day I will make, but down deep I know I never will.


Anyway............back in the box, I found a layered lettuce salad.  Remember those?  Iceburg lettuce on bottom and layer after layer of vegetables, English peas, a good thick layer of mayonnaise/sour cream dressing, topped with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.  I think I will have to make this for Sunday.  Besides how good it is, I can make it the night before.  Probably not on my diet plan, but maybe if I scoop off the dressing, it will be alright. 


There will be a lot going on for me tomorrow, baseball game, cleaning, and cooking......probably in that order.  So just in case I don't get back with another blog, please have a very Blessed Easter.


I love you.


My Layered Lettuce Salad

Layer next 9 ingredients in 13 X 9 X 2" pan.

1 small head iceburg lettuce, torn
1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into flowerets
1/2/ green pepper, chopped
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen English peas, thawed
1 c. chopped celery
6 green onions, sliced
6 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (1 oz) pkg buttermilk-mayo salad dressing mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine sour cream, mayo, & dressing mix.
Mix well.  Spread over top of vegetables, sealing to the edge.
Sprinkle with cheese.  Cover and refrigerate 24 hours
before serving.  (You can substitute or add ingredients.)
I sometimes add sliced water chestnuts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive