Saturday, March 19, 2016

Good Saturday Morning

Good Saturday morning folks.  I must tell you that Saturday mornings are NOT the same once you retire.  They sort of blend in with the rest of the days of the week.  I remember the time when Saturday mornings were chaotic.  There was a lot to do on Saturdays as a wind-down to the week and getting everything done that was put aside all week long.  Like:  mowing, trimming, weeding, planting, curling daughter's hair, getting the guys' haircuts, shopping, and CLEANING!  You just had to cram a lot in one day.


Just last evening the hubby and I were discussing how different our Friday nights are now than 15 years ago when we worked.  We relished our Friday nights out back then; not that we don't now, but it is different.  Before we retired Friday nights were our nights to celebrate the fact that we had the next two days off.  Sometimes we even started on Thursday nights as a celebration to the fact that the next day was Friday. 


So enjoy your Saturday everyone.  Today will not be the same for me as it was in 1990, but it is going to be good.  I have buttons to sew on a little girls' dress.  And as a throw-back to 1960, I think I will make burgers for supper (notice I said supper not dinner.  That's because it was supper in 1960.).


I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive