Thursday, March 24, 2016

Reliving Prague Senior Trip - Part III and IV

Days 3 and 4.


                                                                 3rd Day  Friday


Coach came & woke us up & made us eat breakfast because we were going to Barren Fork for the day.  We loaded on the bus.  Karen Ellis had to go home today.  We stopped & got some stuff for a picnic & Coach bought us all something.


We had to wade across the creek to get to the swimming hole.  The girls were shy about going in because the water was so cold, so Coach decided to throw each of us in.  He threw me in once & decided he wasn't going to do it again, so Joyce & I were going to look at the fish & the first thing I knew Coach was behind me.  I screamed like bloody murder because there was a huge rock in the water & I was afraid I would land on it.  I had on Mary's windbreaker, too.  She told me not to get it wet.  He threw me in & it made me mad.  I was getting out of the water & him & David Flick threw me in again.  That was the last thank goodness.  We ate & Nancy, Joyce, Mary & I went up this mountain & we saw an old tabernacle looking thing.  Crazy.  It looked spooky.  So we went down.  Coach told us we didn't need to go up there.  Nothing new tonight.  We just all feel good.  Coach & Mr. and Mrs. Flick thought there would be trouble so they walked around quite a bit of the night, but they had no trouble from anyone.


                                                                 4th Day


We got up & ate breakfast again today.  We walked around & got a coke & took pictures.  We finished packing.  Phyllis' folks came after her.  We left at 10:00 a.m.  Stopped at Gore to gas up & at Checotah for Coach.  We had all kinds of food to eat.  I think most of it ended on the floor.  Sardines.  Got to Home (PRAGUE) about 12:00 a.m.  Everyone had a nice time but everyone anxious to get home.


                                                           END!  Dear Ole Prague




You know I wrote this way back when never ever expecting to let anybody know about it.  Here I am sharing with the world.  I even have my high school diary, but it shall remain private.........maybe.  Nothing in it that would shock anybody, just silly little tidbits that were so important at the time, but now 50 years later they are so insignificant.


I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive