Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Reliving Prague High School Senior Trip - Part II

(Second day of our trip.)


                                                                        2nd Day


Joyce and I didn't go to breakfast this morning, but Nancy, Mary & Phyllis went.  Coach came and told us it was time to go to breakfast.  This morning we took a boat ride in a great big cabin cruiser.  Almost all seniors went.  The deepest we ever measured was 135 feet deep.  I would like to ride all day but we came in just before lunch.  We came back and ate lunch then Nancy & Joyce rode the Hondas.  Mrs. Flick was thrown from her Honda and she rested all evening.  Mary, Phyllis, & I stayed at the cabin & rolled our hair.


Nancy & Joyce got back & we all went down to get a coke and on the way we stopped at the boys cabin.  All their beds were unmade.  (Such a site)  Then we continued on our journey.  We were sitting around at the pool hall & all of a sudden there was screaming.  All of Prague's girls were being drowned by shaving cream from our boys, so, of course, we had to join in on the fun.  We went up to our cabin & our beds had been striped by our boys.  Then we went in to stay out of the firing line & they started in our back window.  We tried to hold them but couldn't.  Then Eddie came in the front & got me with shaving cream!  That stuff stings!  Then everything calmed down & everyone was happy.  We went to supper & as we were going home Nancy & I had the idea we would throw Joyce in.  So the guys in the pool were going to help us & just as we were getting ready to throw her in we were pushed in.  Clothes 'n all.


We got ready & just sat around.  Noone wanted to do anything.  So Nancy & Joyce & I went walking around.  Ronnie wanted me to go over & watch TV with them, but I didn't, & I am glad I didn't because we met these four guys in a car from Connors (a college at Warner).  They went to the dance & so did we.  Carl Dale Jones asked me to go with him to walk me home.  I did.  I danced 3 dances with him.  The guys graduated that night.  We danced to "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Bros.  Had fun. 


Oh I forgot!  We also went swimming at the pool this afternoon.  We had a big water fight.  Had lots of fun!!


And that's the way it was back in 1966.


I love you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive