Thursday, March 31, 2016

Folger's Black Silk Coffee

Good Morning Everybody.


Another fine morning in Oklahoma after a little rain last night.  Amazing what a dash of rain can do for the yard and for my spirits.  I've just had my breakfast and my morning coffee and I'm not quite ready to start my day..............so I blog!  


A few years ago my family (brother and sisters and their spouses) met at Table Rock Lake in Missouri for a little family get together.  We all had cabins and/or trailers parked next to each other so that we could easily walk from one to the other and visit.  It was always fun to walk outside in the early morn and see one of my family members up and about, stretching and enjoying their steamy cup of coffee before the rest were dressed.  Soon everybody was up and dressed, refreshed, smiling, and excited to spend another day together.  We'd walk from cabin to cabin inquiring what was for breakfast and making plans for the day.  You see, up till that point we had no plans!  And folks, that is the best way to vacation.


I consider John, my brother-in-law, the aficionado of coffee.  If John liked it, then I knew it was good.  John introduced me to Folger's Black Silk coffee on that trip to Table Rock.  I asked him if he had any coffee and he came bringing me a steamy mug of the black stuff.  I thought it was the best stuff ever and told him as much.  It felt velvety on the tongue and was so rich......and that was before I knew the name.  Certainly appropriate calling it Black Silk.  Maybe what I liked best was the fact that he brought it to me.


I had my Folgers's Black Silk coffee this morning.  I don't buy it every time for it is a little strong, but when I do I always remember John.  And just like this morning, I have vivid memories of he and I sharing a cup of coffee, I see Brenda preparing breakfast at their camp site, I see Teresa straightening up their campsite after breakfast, I see Kay with her laptop catching up on work, I see Tara and Rhonda polishing fingernails, I see Robert having his coffee at the outdoor table, I see Bill sneaking a bacon, I see Chuck walking the dogs, I see Johnny and John discussing "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo", and I see me frying 2 pounds of bacon each morning.   


I hope we have more family vacations.  They were the best!  Maybe because I have the best family!  I miss you, John.


I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive