Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Few Scents

I am going to type about scents today.  It is my blog and I guess subjects are up to me, huh?

One of my favorite scents is lavender, and when at the Dollar Tree yesterday I discovered an old soap brand, Yardly London, English Lavender.  My bathroom smells absolutely wonderful and makes me happy every time I pass by.  If you love the scent of lavender, you should buy yourself one or eight bars.  You will love this fresh, clean scent.  Pretty cheap potpourri at a buck a bar.

Another favorite is Amomatique Cinnamon Cider potpourri.  Pour it in a bowl and you will be reminded of bobbing for apples and hayrides.  I bought a bag today and now my house is filled with memories of all those past fall outings and parties.  It really makes me happy and reminds me of my Grandma Dawkins...she was happiness.

About noon today I put a roast in the crock pot and covered it with all sorts of Mexican spices; chili powder, Mexican oregano, and cumin (my favorite spice), etc.  Then I added a few cloves of garlic, a quartered onion, and some whole fresh jalapenos.  I poured a can of green chili sauce (another new and favorite find) over all.  All afternoon the house smelled like a Mexican restaurant (another fav).  I shredded the beef and poured the thickened sauce onto heated corn tortillas.  I added cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, lettuce, fresh chopped jalapenos, cilantro, and onions.  They were wonderful. 

I am not sure where I am going with all this "scent/smell/odor" stuff.  I have heard that sense of smell is the quickest way to bring back and today my sense of smell was working overtime.  My sister-in-law has the best smelling pantry I have ever smelled (not that I go around sniffing out people's pantries)...all cinnamon and spices.  My potpourri smells like her pantry and brings back all the sweet memories I have of visiting in their home when our kids were little and we had our whole lives ahead of us. 

So here is what I did:  I put the empty potpourri bags in my pantry.  Now every time I open the pantry, I am at T.'s house.

I love you.          

 

1 comment:

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive