Friday, September 14, 2012

My Stash - My Bags



This is my private stash, and consider yourselves very privileged because I don't often share my stash.  Yep, that's my stash........my beloved bags.  I have an unusually hard time throwing away little tote bags.....so as you can see I haven't. 

Blue Cross Blue Shield bags - Have you seen them?  How could anybody throw away these little cloth bags.  OK, maybe they aren't cloth, but they sure aren't paper, so what are they?  Whatever, there has to be a useful repurpose for them, there just has to be.  OK, I will be truthful here.  About a year ago, I promised the hubby I would throw these away and only keep the other, more colorful bags made of the same material.  Sorry, hubs, now you know I kept the bags....oops!

Abuello Bag - Gotta be honest on this one, too.  This was left at my house, Christmas, 2010, and is the perfect bag for transporting food containers.  It was when I saw this bag that I realized maybe I really do have a problem.  Who keeps other people's bags?

Vanelli bag - Man, I can't throw that away.  It came with a purse......I must keep it.

AF bag - Souvenir from boon doggle trip - don't tell my boss - oh wait, I am retired - go ahead and tell him.

Then there is the little zebra bag - too cute!

Restoration Hardware - Remember all those Dallas trips?  Restoration Hardware visits were a favorite.

Crabtree and Evelyn - Store closed in OKC; therefore, the bag is now a collector's item.....maybe not.

Williams and Sonoma - Now here is a useful bag.  A 9 X 13 pan will fit in the bottom perfectly.  Now I need to take food some place.  I miss Tinker.

David Yurman bag - There is a story with this very, very sturdy bag.  Angie brought me a David Yurman
perfume set from Las Vegas which was in a gift box which fit into the bag perfectly...the perfume was made for the box, the box was wrapped in a cardboard sleeve, and it fit perfectly inside this bag.  Sorry, but I am keeping it.

Whittard of England - On one of my TDY trips to England, my friend and I went to the largest mall in England and I found a wonderful tea shop so I brought home tea and a teapot.  Sentimental bag.

Williamsburg bag - Vacation.....nuff said.

Anthropologie - Finally in OKC.....I should throw this away, but............

Sur La Table - Oh my, now this bag may be with me forEVer.  I got this on our vacation to Washington state in 1996, one of our absolutely favorite trips.  Seattle bag.

Brown paper bag - Now this is a bag that can be recycled.  A plain paper bag with a little handle makes a perfect gift bag for a man.  Add a little raffia and viola.

Claire bag - There is an artisan, Claire, who has a tiny shop in a tiny town called Arroyo Seco.  I have several of her pieces of jewelry so this little bag just makes me happy.  Check out her website:  www.claireworks.com and if you are ever near Taos, NM, go by and say I said hello.  No, don't do that.  She'd have no earthly idea who I was and could care less.  By the way, Julia Roberts lives near this little community.  Thought all you celebrity hounds would like to know that (talkin' about you, Shawna).

Victoria's Secret - OK, I have to agree.  This bag needs to go.

Baby Gap -  OK, I could get rid of this bag, too, since the daughter works there....but wait, I don't think they give out these bags anymore.

A few months ago I wrote about my Grandma Dawkins' stash of old Vienna Sausage cans.  As a 20 year old, I couldn't understand why she would keep these.  I still don't understand, but now I say what difference does it make if she collected a grocery sack of these cans.  Who was she hurting?  For some reason it made her happy........for some reason my bags make me happy.  I cannot explain it and I am not hurting anybody...so my stash I will keep, but I promise not to let it get out of hand and will reuse them.......maybe not the John A. Brown bag.  Anybody out there remember John A. Brown?

I love you all and thought you might enjoy this blog about nothing sentimental or even important.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a secret bag hoarder too, but I really do use them! Just remembered that I left one of my favorite ones at the dinner club last night!

    ReplyDelete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive