Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day 2012

If you are retired, you know that Labor Day is indistinguishable from last Tuesday or next Tuesday for that matter.  Hubby and I celebrate the holiday every day of the year.  Or, you might say that Labor Day gets the short end of the stick and blends in with all the others. 

This year, 2012, I labored!!!!

I labored trying to decide if we should go out for breakfast or have our usual oatmeal at home on the front porch.

I labored deciding whether I wanted a full breakfast or something light.

I labored whether to buy Bertolli olive oil or a generic.

I labored whether to have guests for dinner tonight.

I labored whether to help daughter pick okra or let her do it herself.

I labored where I should take my nap on the couch or on the actual bed.

I labored deciding what we should have for dinner.

Yes, we went out for breakfast.  We were trying to make the day more of a holiday this year or maybe I was just lazy.
I ordered something light since I am trying to loose 10 pounds in 10 days.......riiiiggghhhttt.......
Bertolli olive oil.  Hubby tried to convince me that it was just for cooking and I could save a little money or get an extra quart for only $4 more......not gonna happen.
No guests.  I was just lazy. 
Didn't pick okra.  I was just lazy.  Daughter is 28 years younger than me and besides, did you notice?  It was hot!
Napped on the bed.  I was just lazy.  Tomorrow I may nap on the couch.  Love my couch naps with the afghan.
We had tamales and salad.  I was just lazy.  Salad...........10 pounds to go. 

That was a little about our day, 2012.  Boring!  I love my boring days, but I remember all those past Labor Days battling traffic of the last big summer hurrah.  Who wants to be on the highways on the last summer holiday?  The Labor Days I enjoyed the most, were at mom and dad's having homemade ice cream for the last time of the year.  (Thanks, sister, for my only dish of homemade ice cream this year...delicious.  She labored.)

I didn't labor over this.  I love you......where's the Blue Bell?  Oops, I almost forgot the 10 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive