Sunday, September 2, 2012

Royal Memories

No matter our station in life, I suppose we all have memories.  Tonight I watched the PBS series about Queen Elizabeth; episode "Royal Memories".  The hour broadcast was films of the 1950s seen through the eyes of Prince Charles.  What I found touching was his facial expression while watching these old family films.  Now while his family had access to much better filming techniques than any other family in the world during the 1950s, these family films showed the ordinary side of family life......not that there is anything ordinary about the family of the Queen of England. 

Watching his eyes you could see the memories coming to the forefront as he would point out certain dogs, his sister, his family members in the still pictures.  He was transformed to another place, another time, quite unaware that the camera was rolling during this transformation.  While he had a childhood nothing like my own, I could feel his nostalgia which is very similar to mine.

We all have a way of recalling or looking at the past.  I am fortunate that my family and my childhood was something of which I am proud.  Even though we were not wealthiest in the terms of money, we certainly were wealthy regarding love.  I never thought of us as poor.  My parents made sure we had the basics and then some.  You never saw a Christmas tree with so many presents under it.  We had lots of clothes sewn by my very talented mother and we were always clean.

While my memories are not on the royal scale, I certainly had some royal memories.  I sure hope you are making some royal memories for your family.  Remember it is not how much you have, but the love you have. 

I love you all!!

Memory:  Sunday nights - not my favorite night.  In fact I really dislike Sunday nights even to this day.  It was the night my daddy thought he ought to lecture me on the importance of making good grades in typing.  I wasn't interested in typing or shorthand.......I wanted to work at Hamburger King's or Anthony's in Shawnee, OK.  Lack of ambition, you might say.  Yes, it was my Sunday Night Lecture..........every Sunday night during my senior year.  BUT..........I would just love to have Daddy in my living room tonight so I could tell him he was right!!!  Typing and shorthand was my stepping stone to my retirement.  Thank you Daddy for I am comfortably retired and it was due to your relentless lectures.   

I will try to be back tomorrow night for the Pioneer Woman said it is important to write a blog post every day.  I say this in jest for I am no Pioneer Woman...just a woman who likes to write AND yes, Daddy, type!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive