Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just a Few Things About Nothing

Just a few things about nothing.

1.  If you want a good laugh just take a look at a Vogue magazine, specifically the August 2012 issue.  Just thumb through the first 20 pages and you will see the most bazaar photographs of the most bazaar models.  Would anybody see these and say to themselves, "Gee, I want to look just like her.  I am going to buy that dress."?  I don't think so.  Some of these models look 12 years old in their Halloween costume.  Zombies and not one bit pretty; mean looking girls.  Nope, it sure doesn't make me want to buy one of their dresses, but then again, none of the designers are holding their breath until I plunk down a couple thousand for a skirt.

2.  Russell Stover Marshmallow and Caramel - Crests has these little treasures on sale, two for a dollar, 2.95 oz bags, six little pieces each bag.  They are absolutely delicious. 

3.  Jolly Time Healthy Pop Kettle Corn - If you are dieting, this is a great little snack.  I can eat this between little marshmallow and caramel treats.  So instead of candy, candy, candy I can eat candy, popcorn, candy.  It makes a huge dietetic difference.

4.  Dinner tonight - It was awful.  I haven't fixed a dinner that bad in a long, long, time, not since that dish back in the 1980s with the mashed potatoes on top (nobody ate that).  In fact, tonight the hubby said very innocently that the pork chops were the toughest he'd ever seen.  Now I have to tell you, this was after I said my chop was tough.  He doesn't usually slam my cooking.  Luckily, there was plenty of other sides for him to make a meal; mashed potatoes and gravy, fried okra, and sauteed mushrooms.  Unfortunately, the okra just wasn't fried crispy so he left plenty on his plate.  The potatoes were watery - I put in too much milk and once that happens, you cannot correct it.  The gravy was thick and the cornbread pancakes were dry.  It was a disastrous meal.  We are going out tomorrow!  Maybe all three meals.

Well, that is all I have to say for tonight.  A little bit about nothing.  High school football tomorrow night - tune in.

I love you.

2 comments:

  1. wow it sounds better then my meal though peanut butter and jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been years since I fumbled so badly on a meal. Nothing at all went right. That night I am sure your dad would have welcomed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

      Delete

Autumn

Cherri

Followers

Blog Archive